For online courses you must meet the Technology Requirements.
Do not open the exam contained in the Online Insurance CE courses without the presence of an approved NYS approved exam monitor. There may be a monitor fee involved in addition to the course costs.
Exam Proctor Requirements:
Monitored Exam - Exams to be Monitored by a New York State Approved Monitor. The monitor cannot be related (by family) to the student.
- Monitored Exam - Exams to be monitored by a New York State Approved Monitor. The exam may not be opened without the presence of a New York State approved monitor.
- The monitor cannot be related (by family) to the student.
- The exam is a "Closed Book" exam and must be taken in the presence of a New York State approved monitor.
- There may be a monitor fee involved in addition to the course costs.
Bryant & Stratton College offers monitoring in the following locations: Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo. Students that use a Bryant & Stratton College location for the monitoring of their final exam will receive the service at a discounted rate of $20.00
The locations and contact information for Bryant & Stratton College monitoring are:
To view approved New York Monitor List please visit: https://myportal.ins.state.ny.us/web/guest-applications/monitor-search
- When registering for this course you will not have immediate access to your course. If you register within our Hours of Operation, you will receive log-in information by email within 4 hours. Students that register outside of our Hours of Operation will receive their log-in information within 4 hours of when we open the next business day.
Hours of Operation (EST):
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Contact Information: 1-888-273-2758
You will have 90 days to complete this course. Refunds are not available for Bryant & Stratton College Online CE courses.
In this course we will review some of the fundamental concepts and some of the complex coverage details about disability income insurance. In addition, we will also provide answers for the most common questions you may encounter from your clients about their policies. We will cover the important coverage definitions of total disability and the optional policy benefits that are commonly needed by insured’s. We will also cover how underwriting of disability income policies is done, the advantage and disadvantages of group policies and tax treatment of the various types of disability insurance policies. You will read interesting and important case studies to bring this topic to life. Finally, we detail the most recent issues that have come up in the real world of providing these coverage’s to policyholders (such as cost containment, fraud, and hard to diagnose illnesses).
LA, BR, C1, C3, PA, LB, PC
NYS Insurance Provider Organization NYPO-100114