Students attending Bryant & Stratton College's Online Division must have their own personal computer with the minimal requirements listed:
Technical support is available by phone and online. Students may need accessories, patches, or software to experience the complete functionality associated with online education.
- 1 GHz processor or higher (Intel core 2 Duo or higher for MAC)
- 2 GB of RAM
- DVD drive
- 40 GB HDD
- PC: Windows Vista or higher operating system
- Mac: OS/X 10.4 or higher operating system
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
- Scanner (only for Interactive Media Design AAS)
- Other computer accessories may be required in the future
- Mozilla Firefox 23 or higher (Safari & Chrome are also supported by LMS), Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2013 & 365 (2011 for MAC) Professional to include: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher
- All students must have updated anti-virus software
- Bootcamp running Windows 7 or VMware Virtual PC for MAC (Highly recommended for some degree fields and classes but not necessary for all students).
- Adobe Creative Suite (only for Interactive Media Design AAS)
- Adobe Flash 9 or higher (Free download)
- Acrobat 7 or higher (Free download)
- ITunes 7 or higher (Free download)
- Quicktime 7 or higher (Free download)
- Other software, including upgrades, may be required in the future
- Broadband Internet service (strongly recommended)
- Personal email address
Bryant & Stratton College is not responsible for hardware or software issues that may occur when installing or using 3rd party software required to participate in online courses. The installation and use of any third party software on a workstation or device not owned by Bryant & Stratton College is the sole responsibility of the owner of the workstation or device and is bound by the terms and condition as defined by the software/hardware manufacturer. Bryant & Stratton College does not contract with any of the 3rd party software vendors other than the LMS provider. Anti-virus software is critical to the operation of all software and hardware and is the responsibility of the owner of the workstation or device to ensure proper installation and updates.