Career Services Assistance Agreement
Career Services assistance can only be rendered productively with total cooperation between the student and the Career Services Department.
The career search process should be viewed as a serious responsibility which requires special attention and effort. The purpose of this agreement and
accompanying paperwork is to outline the career assistance process, services available and responsibilities. Communication, cooperation and teamwork are
imperative to the success of all parties. The Career Services office will assist you in developing a resume, preparing for interviews, and assessing skills
and qualities for employment. It is important that you remain in contact with Career Services throughout your job search in order to receive job leads shared
directly with the Career Services team. Our mission is your success in pursuing and attaining a career and we are committed to doing what we can to support
your success. As a graduate, there are a few commitments we need from you so that we can optimize our partnership and your ability to successfully pursue and
attain a rewarding career:
- Understand the college does not guarantee employment, and that getting a training-related job is the student’s ultimate responsibility. Career Services
is available to offer advice, assistance and support. It is up to the student to actively promote himself or herself to an employer.
- Provide all personal background normally required in the development of a resume for employment seeking purposes. Such information must be true and
correct. Please note that many employers require criminal background checks as part of the hiring process.
- Keep the department advised of any change of address, employment and phone number.
- Contact the department after each interview to review the results of the interview. Further, the student who secures employment through his/her own efforts
will notify the Career Services Department so his/her permanent records can be noted to reflect employment.
- Make independent attempts to secure employment and not depend solely on the efforts of the Career Services Department.
- Understand that the following criteria are examined in the selection and referral of graduates to existing employment opportunities:
- Skills requirements
- The goals and capabilities of the individual
- Potential of matching employer's needs with graduates abilities
- Follow-up on all employment leads and interviews provided by the college.
I certify that I have read and understand the above information. I understand that the college will be diligent in its efforts to locate employment opportunities
and to arrange interviews between potential employers and graduates. Further, I understand it is my responsibility to complete the above described forms, and
that I am not eligible for Career Services assistance until all forms are returned and my file is complete.
I acknowledge that I received the Aggregate Level Counseling Sheet. I have read and I understand the information contained in it. I consent to use this electronic
submission under the U.S. Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-SIGN - will open in a new window).