PTA SCHOOL ADMISSION RESOURCES
Entry Requirements for Physical Therapist Assistant
For consideration into the Associates in Applied Science degree PTA Program, the candidate must:
- Submit a completed Application or eApplication using the feature located on the Internet at www.bryantstratton.edu for admission to the college.
- Provide an official U.S. high school transcript indicating successful completion, or official documentation of a U.S. GED or provide documentation establishing successful completion of secondary school through homeschooling, as defined by the law of the State in which the homeschooling was provided.
- Complete standardized assessments.
- Attain placement scores related to math (50 or above) and English (72 or above)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Students will sign a disclosure documenting their knowledge that a negative background check may exclude them from clinical rotations prohibiting them from completing the program and obtaining licensure
- Successfully completed and passed biology and an additional science course at the high school or college level.
- Interview with the Physical Therapist Assistant Program Director who will subsequently complete the PTA Program Admissions Committee Review Rubric. This rubric considers GPA, Accuplacer scores in math and reading, success in prerequisite courses, and observation experience/professional affiliations.