Resources for Military Students

GI Bill® Resources

Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD)

The MGIB program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship/on-the-job training and correspondence courses. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty. This program is also commonly known as Chapter 30.

Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) 

The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship/on-the-job training and correspondence courses. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances. You may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits.

Post-9/11 GI Bill® Information

This education benefit program is available to individuals who served in active duty on or after September 11, 2001 and is payable for education pursued after August 1, 2009. If you qualify for assistance under the Montgomery GI Bill® on or after August 1, 2009 and you also qualify for assistance under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, you may make an irrevocable decision to receive benefits solely under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®

GI Bill® Comparison Tool

If you are attending a public IHL as a non-resident student or a private IHL that is more expensive than the annual cap you may be eligible for extra payment under the Yellow Ribbon program.
View the Comparison Tool

Yellow Ribbon 

To receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program

  • You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate (100%) under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®
  • You must not be on active duty or a spouse using transferred entitlement
  • Your school must agree to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program
  • Your school must have not offered Yellow Ribbon to more than the maximum number of individuals, as stated in their participation agreement
  • Your school must certify your enrollment to VA and provide Yellow Ribbon Program information

Military Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard.  Each Service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process and restrictions. The best place to start is by contacting your local education office. This money is usually paid directly to the College by the individual service. The following links provide important information on how to get started.

Army: ArmyIgniteED

Navy: Navy Tuition Assistance

Air Force: Air Force Portal

Coast Guard: Coast Guard Education

Marines: Marines Portal

Bryant & Stratton College is Non-LOI (Letter of Instruction) and does not upload your course schedule into GAE. You must contact your Education Services Officer (ESO) for detailed information and request approval by the ESO 7-to-14 days prior to the first day of class, depending on your education office requirements. 

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) 

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields. 

The new guidelines for the revised MyCAA program include: 

  • Offer a maximum financial benefit of $4,000 with a fiscal year cap of $2,000. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure of certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
  • Require military spouses to finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
  • Limited to associate degrees, certification and licensures.

State Provided Education Benefits

Educational benefits for families, particularly the children of deceased, MIA, POW, and disabled veterans, may be available in some states. To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, contact your local County Veterans Service Office.

NYS Veteran Tuition Awards

Useful Websites:

(Note that Bryant & Stratton College is not affiliated with the sites below and thus is not responsible for the veracity or quality of their content.)

  • Handouts and Forms
  • is the official benefits website of the U.S. government, with information on over a thousand benefit and assistance programs. They include education grants and loans, health, housing, and other types of assistance. To obtain a tailored list of benefit programs for which you may be eligible, complete the free and confidential questionnaire on the homepage. Or search for all programs by state, category, state, or federal agency by going to “Benefits”.
  • This commercial site has information on scholarship opportunities for military family members. Visit the’s Scholarship Finder and get started on your way to finding free money for school.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Take the Next Step

Online, on-campus, and remote learning options to earn a degree on your schedule.

Start Your Free Application

No application fee, because applying to college should be easy and free.

Visit A Campus

Our campuses provide the education needed to achieve your professional goals. If you’re ready to start your educational and career journey, we’re here to support you every step of the way.