The Human Resources certificate program provides students with the framework for a career in the human resources field. The certificate program focuses on skill development in a number of key human resource functions that includes recruitment, compensation and benefits, HR planning and more. The Human Resources certificate isn’t just an ideal fit for students searching for career opportunities in the field, the certificate also provides development for professionals looking to refresh their skills.
Program Highlights & Topics
Within the Human Resources certificate, students are introduced to key skills utilized by human resources professionals. This includes introductory human resources along with in-depth courses studying compensation and benefits, leadership and employer-employee relations. Specifically, students will learn the ropes for working within large or small organizations, handling duties such as payroll, benefits and staffing.
Through the program, students gain an understanding of the theory and practice utilized on a daily basis within the field along with the vital ethical and legal regulations required for a career in human resources. Thanks to an added focus on management and leadership roles, students will complete the program with an understanding of how to work as part of a team or department within an organization with the leadership skills needed to advance from entry level positions to management roles along the way.
- Foundational knowledge needed to perform human resources roles for both large and small organizations
- An understanding of employment law and labor relations
- Ability to handle payroll, compensation and other benefit-related topics
- Develop the ability to work with the legal and ethical standards of the employer-employee relationship
At Bryant & Stratton College, your success is most important to use. In order to ensure your success both in the classroom and beyond, we provide a number of resources to our students that includes a personalized experience from your first day in class until you reach your career goals. These resources include:
- A personalized academic path to the career you want and unique support to help you get there
- Programs that teach the skills employers want today and tomorrow
- Ongoing career service support and continuing education opportunities
- A team of counselors and advisors dedicated to seeing you succeed
For more information about student life and support services, check out our Career LifePrep page.
Completed courses from the Human Resources certificate program can be transferred for course credit in a corresponding Bryant & Stratton College degree program.
Having the career you want is an investment worth making. Bryant & Stratton offers a variety of payment options and advisors to support your career and life goals.
- State Unemployment Programs (if eligible)
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan®
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA)