Modern technology plays a role in virtually every aspect of the professional world. Whether in education, business, manufacturing, or elsewhere, the need for functional computer networks continues to grow. As the reliance on computer networks grows, so does the reliance on skilled IT professionals. The AAS Networking Technology degree program at Bryant & Stratton College prepares students to fill a networking position in the information technology field through a diverse education that focuses on the theory and hands-on practice utilized by IT professionals.
Students will gain the technical skills necessary to install, configure, secure, administer, and troubleshoot network systems. Additional focus is placed on network hardware components and gaining experience working with modern voice and data networks. Students work through simulation labs that adhere to current trends and practices within the field.
Graduates of the Network Technology associate degree program will be prepared and encouraged to take three industry certification exams which stand out to employers. The exams include CompTIA A+, Security+ and Network+ as the program's curriculum fulfills the requirements assessed by those exams.
The Networking Technology associate degree program provides students with the ability to:
- Effectively communicate with end users, managers, and peers of a technical and non-technical nature.
- Install, configure, secure, administer, and troubleshoot network systems.
- Research, identify, evaluate, recommend and specify the components of complete systems relative to hardware/software needs of an enterprise.
- Apply logical, legal, and ethical principles in planning and implementing information systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate technical information into business language to meet organizational needs.