BACHELOR'S OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN NURSING
The Liverpool, New York campus of Bryant & Stratton College is hosting the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for an initial on-site evaluation of our Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing program on February 27, February 28, and March 1, 2023. In accordance with CCNE accreditation procedures, we invite you to have the opportunity to submit a third-party comment regarding our qualifications for accreditation. CCNE requires that all third-party comments are:
- In English and signed per CCNE policy
- Submitted in writing until 21 days before the scheduled on-site evaluation, February 6, 2023
All third-party comments are shared only with the members of the evaluation team prior to their on-site evaluation. If you would like to submit a third-party comment for the program currently under review, please submit to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Attn: Third Party Comments
655 K Street NW Suite 750
Washington DC 20001
Learn the skills required to pursue a career as a nurse in a clinical setting with the bachelor’s degree in nursing from Bryant & Stratton College. Graduates of this Nursing degree program will be prepared to provide complex patient care in numerous settings in the healthcare field. Nursing degree graduates will gain the experience to provide support in hospitals, clinics, private practices, and other professional settings within the healthcare industry. Areas of study include, but are not limited to, family nursing care, mental health care, adult care, healthcare, basic nursing concepts, and community nursing.
Additionally, the nursing bachelor’s degree will guide students through courses that focus on nursing management, giving graduates the added capability to work in a staff coordination or management role. Upon graduation, students will be prepared for a career in nursing thanks to the comprehensive eight-semester degree program.
Graduates of the nursing bachelor’s degree program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam.
*The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is offered at our Liverpool campus.
The Bryant & Stratton College Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing program at the Liverpool Campus is registered with the State Education Department in New York.
The Nursing Program is registered/accredited by the Office of College and University Evaluation; New York State Education Department: University of the State of New York, State Education Department Office of the Professions, Division of Professional Licensing Services 89 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12234-1000 Phone: 518-474-3810 (x280), www.op.nysed.gov HEGIS Code 1203.00
The bachelor's degree in nursing program provides students with the ability to:
- Employ the nursing process to implement comprehensive, safe, diverse, culturally effective patient-centered care across the lifespan in all health care settings.
- Demonstrate integration of knowledge, skills, professional attitude, through the use of critical thinking, best current evidence, and clinical judgment.in providing care to individuals, groups, and communities with a variety of healthcare needs.
- Practice within the ethical, legal, and regulatory frameworks of nursing, health care, and its related agencies assuming they have no past conduct or convictions which prevent such practice.
- Fulfill the roles of the baccalaureate nurse generalist as provider of direct and indirect care, advocate, collaborator designer/manager/coordinator of care, and member of the profession.
- Construct a framework which promotes lifelong learning essential to continuous professional development and tolerance for the unpredictable and ambiguous nature of the healthcare system.
- Employ information literacy skills through the effective use of informatics to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate errors, and support decision-making.
NY Nursing Academic Program Disclosure (PDF)
Discover the career opportunities available to graduates of the nursing bachelor's degree program.
How Employer Insight Helps Us Help You
Questions to Ask in an Interview