BS NURSING GENERALIST
Learn the skills required to pursue a career as a nurse in a clinical setting with the bachelor’s degree in nursing from Bryant & Stratton College. Graduates of this Nursing degree program will be prepared to provide complex patient care in numerous settings in the healthcare field
. Nursing degree graduates will gain the experience to provide support in hospitals, clinics, private practices, and other professional settings within the healthcare industry. Areas of study include, but are not limited to, family nursing care, mental health care, adult care, healthcare, basic nursing concepts, and community nursing.
Additionally, the nursing bachelor’s degree will guide students through courses that focus on nursing management, giving graduates the added capability to work in a staff coordination or management role. Upon graduation, students will be prepared for a career in nursing thanks to the comprehensive eight-semester degree program.
Graduates of the nursing bachelor’s degree program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam.
*The Nursing Generalist Baccalaureate degree is offered at our Parma OH, Wauwatosa,
Racine and Bayshore, WI campuses.
The Bryant & Stratton College baccalaureate degree in nursing offered at the Parma, OH Wauwatosa, Racine and Bayshore, WI campuses are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, (202) 887-6791. www.ccneaccreditation.org
The bachelor's degree in nursing program provides students with the ability to:
- Employ the nursing process to implement comprehensive, safe, diverse, culturally effective patient-centered care across the lifespan in all health care settings.
- Demonstrate integration of knowledge, skills, professional attitude, through the use of critical thinking, best current evidence, and clinical judgment.in providing care to individuals, groups, and communities with a variety of healthcare needs.
- Practice within the ethical, legal, and regulatory frameworks of nursing, health care, and its related agencies assuming they have no past conduct or convictions which prevent such practice.
- Fulfill the roles of the baccalaureate nurse generalist as provider of direct and indirect care, advocate, collaborator designer/manager/coordinator of care, and member of the profession.
- Construct a framework which promotes lifelong learning essential to continuous professional development and tolerance for the unpredictable and ambiguous nature of the healthcare system.
- Employ information literacy skills through the effective use of informatics to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate errors, and support decision-making.
Wisconsin Nursing Academic Program Disclosures
Ohio Nursing Academic Program Disclosure
Graduates with a Nursing Generalist bachelor’s degree are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensure exam to become registered nurses. Registered nurses play an essential role in the booming healthcare industry. They may work in hospitals, care facilities, or government organizations. Some also work in educational institutions helping to train more nurses.
Career Tips: How to Ask for a Job Referral
How Employer Insight Helps Us Help You