Medical Office Technology
The backbones of doctors’ offices and clinics are the medical receptionists, office administrators, and medical administrative assistants. These are the people who help create a well-organized front office so patients feel welcomed and everything runs as efficiently as possible. It is also a great way to get a foot in the door in the fast-growing field of healthcare.
According to O*Net, medical office administration jobs are growing by 22 percent – more than twice the average for all other occupations. A Medical Office Technology certificate from Continuing Education at Bryant & Stratton College will teach you the hard and soft skills needed to serve both patients and staff effectively. Whether you’re looking to take the next step on your career path or refresh a certain skill set, you’ll have the confidence and preparation to reach your next goal.
Program Highlights & Topics
- Medical terminology
- Overview of healthcare delivery systems and the roles of healthcare professionals
- Rules and regulations around patient confidentiality
- Medical records management
- Basic office finance
- Risk management
- Human resource management
- Microsoft Word (mastery)
We know you are juggling more than just your education. Regardless of where you are on your journey, Bryant & Stratton Continuing Education has the resources and people to support all your &’s in life. As part of our commitment to support you as a student and beyond, we provide:
- A personalized academic path to the career you want and unique support to help you get there
- Programs that teach the skills employers want today and tomorrow
- Ongoing career service support and continuing education opportunities
- A team of counselors and advisors dedicated to seeing you succeed
For more information about student life and support services, check out our Career LifePrep page.
Having the career you want is an investment worth making. Bryant & Stratton offers a variety of payment options and advisors to support your career and life goals.
Courses from the Medical Office Technology certificate program can be transferred to a corresponding Bryant & Stratton College degree program.
- State Unemployment Programs (if eligible)
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan®
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA)