Technology Requirements for Bryant & Stratton Online College Students
Students must have the proper tools for the degree program they are taking at Bryant & Stratton College. All campus-based students have access to our on-campus computer labs and learning centers, however, you must also have access to a computer at home to ensure you have the resources to complete all of your necessary coursework.
Online students are required to have access to their own computer (recent model) and a high-speed internet connection (DSL, satellite, cable, etc.) that meet the following requirements:
Laptop with Windows 10:
- Intel i3 processor or AMD Ryzen 3 – Intel i5 processor recommended
- 8 GB of RAM
- 128 GB HDD
- Built-in Webcam, microphone, and speakers
- Mozilla Firefox (Free download) - Recommended
- Google Chrome (Free download)
- Microsoft 365 (Bryant & Stratton College will provide a free download for this software)
- Acrobat Reader (Free download)
- Windows Security is built-in to Windows and includes an antivirus program called Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
- Adobe Creative Suite (only for Interactive Media Design AAS)
*BUS420 requires Microsoft Project which isn't compatible with Mac OS.
- Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Browsers are not supported by Blackboard. If used, they may not provide the same experience as Chrome and Firefox
- Devices such as netbooks, Chrome Books, iPads, Surfaces and other tablets do not meet the necessary requirement for Bryant & Stratton College’s Online degree programs. Students with these devices will be unable to complete all of the coursework that makes up our degree programs.
Technical support is available by phone and online. Students may need accessories, patches, or software to experience the complete functionality associated with online education.
Bryant & Stratton College is not responsible for hardware or software issues that may occur when installing or using 3rd party software required to participate in online courses. The installation and use of any third party software on a workstation or device not owned by Bryant & Stratton College is the sole responsibility of the owner of the workstation or device and is bound by the terms and condition as defined by the software/hardware manufacturer. Bryant & Stratton College does not contract with any of the 3rd party software vendors other than the LMS provider. Anti-virus software is critical to the operation of all software and hardware and is the responsibility of the owner of the workstation or device to ensure proper installation and updates.