Establish the foundation to pursue a career path in criminal justice with the Criminal Justice & Security Services diploma from Bryant & Stratton College. This 30-credit diploma program prepares graduates for a number of entry-level positions within the criminal justice field.
We designed our Criminal Justice Studies & Security Services diploma program using key employer feedback to ensure that students are getting an in-depth, career-ready education. As a result, the education provided in this diploma program translates directly to career opportunities in the field. Jobs in juvenile justice, law enforcement, parole, and probation are just some of the career opportunities graduates will be prepared for.
Many careers in criminal justice have additional requirements such as background checks, academy training, and physical fitness standards. These mandates often vary on a state-by-state or city-by-city basis, and students are urged to research any potential post-education requirements in their region as they prepare to pursue a diploma in Criminal Justice & Security Services.
Courses in the Criminal Justice Studies diploma program are also offered at the Amherst campus. To learn more please contact an admissions representative.
The Criminal Justice & Security Services diploma will provide students with the ability to:
- Recognize safety and security concerns such as threat awareness and the procedures and equipment used to secure suspects or prisoners.
- Prepare investigative case notes, juvenile treatment plans, research services, and more.
- Identify and characterize the origins and components that comprise the justice system at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Understand the impact and importance of technology for careers in the criminal justice field.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills employers expect of new hires entering the career field.
Graduates of this program may apply courses and earned credits toward the associate degree in Criminal Justice Studies at Bryant & Stratton College.