The Legal Office Assistant diploma program provides students with the practical, hands-on applications and skills required to enter the legal field. Graduates of the Legal Office Assistant diploma program are prepared to provide support to attorneys in law firms as well as in the legal departments of businesses and corporations.
Courses within the Legal Office Assistant diploma program prepare students to research and draft legal documents in both civil and criminal cases. Students will also be capable of providing support in custody, separation, and divorce proceedings, among other key aspects of the legal field. Additional skills in case management, document and record maintenance, and correspondence are significant parts of the diploma program.
The Legal Office Assistant diploma program will provide students with the ability to:
- Apply legal terminology correctly in legal documents.
- Read, analyze, interpret, and prepare legal documents.
- Identify, interpret, and apply legal ethics.
- Provide support to legal teams in a corporate setting or a law firm.
- Research the law utilizing printed and online legal reference materials.
Graduates of this diploma program may apply the courses and credits earned toward the associate degree in Paralegal Studies at Bryant & Stratton College.
Legal Office Academic Program Disclosures