The Hospitality Assistant diploma program from Bryant & Stratton College prepares students for numerous positions in the hospitality industry. Students will develop skills that can be applied to front-office roles, customer service positions, and additional operational service roles within the hospitality industry.
Duties beyond outward-facing positions in customer service positions, such as facilities management, are also part of the skill set students of the Hospitality Assistant diploma program will develop. Preparation for roles in typical hospitality careers such as hotels, travel and tourism companies, the food and beverage industry, and sporting venues plays a large role in the diploma program.
The Hospitality Assistant diploma program will provide students with the ability to:
- Recognize the significant core concepts in the areas of hospitality services, including planning, accounting, human resources, marketing, and operations.
- Recommend solutions to various scenarios through the examination restaurant, hotel operations, and event-planning challenges.
- Utilize technology tools and resources to support industry standards for compliance and service-level expectations.
- Relate social, interpersonal, legal, and ethical issues when making hospitality management decisions.
- Compare and contrast management principles and behaviors used when making hospitality-related decisions.
Graduates of this program may apply courses and earned credits toward the associate degree in Hospitality Management at Bryant & Stratton College.